I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years of experience helping people to overcome anxiety, depression, low self esteem, and relationship difficulties. My goal is to make my clients comfortable sharing feelings and issues in an understanding, non-judgmental, caring therapeutic relationship. I actively listen as well as provide constructive and supportive feedback as we collaborate in problem solving.
My approach is Cognitive Behavioral. We will work on changing your negative thoughts, emotions, attitudes, and behaviors, as well as on setting goals and increasing motivation. My overall approach emphasizes good rapport between therapist and client.
My specializations include:
• Anxiety Disorders: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Social Phobia, and Public Speaking Anxiety.
• Depression: Dysthymia and Major Depression.
• Relationship Issues: Whether Single, Married, or Divorced.
• Helping couples reconcile to avoid divorce.
• Helping people start over and rebuild their lives after a divorce or relationship breakup.
• Helping Singles Successfully Navigate Dating and The Challenges of Online Dating.
• Helping Parents Co-Parent Successfully.
• Building Self Esteem and Assertiveness Skills.
• Exercise Motivation and Weight Loss.
• Life Coaching.
• Stress Management.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Yale University School of Medicine, Yale Psychiatric Hospital, Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Yale West Haven VA Medical Center, Internship.
University of Hartford, Clinical Psychology, Doctorate.
New York University, Psychology, Master’s Degree.
New York University, Psychology, Bachelor’s Degree.
MEMBERSHIPS & HONORS
American Psychological Association
Anxiety Disorders Association of America
Psi Chi Psychology Honor Society
Diplomate: International Association of Behavioral Medicine Counseling, and Psychotherapy
Certified Life Coach
Recipient, Trustee Scholarship, NYU
On a Personal Note…
Thank you for visiting my website. I feel very lucky to have a career that is also my passion and main interest in life. It’s fulfilling to work with and talk to so many wonderful people and to feel that I’m helping to make a difference in peoples lives.
I’ve always wanted to be a psychologist. I was reading self-help books by Wayne Dyer in the 8th grade. I also had a family friend who was a psychologist who was kind enough to help encourage my dream of becoming a psychologist.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my other half, family, and friends, as well as focusing on the causes that are most dear to me, namely dog rescue and Special Olympics.