I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist with over 17 years of experience helping people to overcome anxiety, depression, low self esteem, and relationship difficulties. My goal is to make my clients comfortable sharing feelings and issues in an understanding, non-judgmental, caring therapeutic relationship. I actively listen as well as provide constructive and supportive feedback as we collaborate in problem solving.
My approach is Cognitive Behavioral. We will work on changing your negative thoughts, emotions, attitudes, and behaviors, as well as on setting goals and increasing motivation. My overall approach emphasizes good rapport between therapist and client.
My specializations include:
• Anxiety Disorders: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Social Phobia, and Public Speaking Anxiety
• Depression: Dysthymia and Major Depression
• Relationship Issues: Whether Single, Married, or Divorced. Helping couples reconcile to avoid divorce. Helping people start over and rebuild their lives after a divorce or relationship breakup.
• Helping Singles Successfully Navigate Dating and The Challenges of Online Dating
• Building Self Esteem and Assertiveness Skills
• Exercise Motivation and Weight Loss
• Life Coaching
• Stress Management
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Yale University School of Medicine, Yale Psychiatric Hospital, Postdoctoral Fellowship
West Haven VA Medical Center, Internship
University of Hartford, Clinical Psychology, Doctorate
New York University, Psychology, Master’s Degree
New York University, Psychology, Bachelor’s Degree